How to register for Physics Independent Research (Senior Thesis)

Before you register for your independent research experience, you must identify and contact a faculty member with whom you will perform your research. You will need their approval to register.

  1. Use the class schedule to find the correct course number, e.g., PHYS 4998 or 4999, section (this will be unique to your research mentor) and CRN number.
  2. If the section is not listed for your mentor, please contact the DUS to request this information.
  3. If this is during registration, email this information to the DUS, otherwise you must complete an Add/Drop form and make sure you are registering for 3 credits